The Pioneer Way
The Pioneer Way is the bespoke continuous improvement strategy for APH. However it is more than just a framework for continuous improvement. It also defines the culture and philosophy for the company.
The basic principles of the Pioneer Way reflect the corporate objectives of Ashton Pioneer Homes and they are;
- To improve the quality of life for the residents by understanding their needs, promoting diversity, ensuring high customer satisfaction and maximizing involvement opportunities.
- To be a high quality, agile and efficient organization that out performs the Business Plan.
- To continuously improve by managing, developing, communicating and by sustaining our assets to maximise potential.
The Pioneer Way has developed over the past few years from a continuous improvement aspiration to the concept that defines how Ashton Pioneer Homes supports the Business Plan with a model for continuous improvement. The Pioneer Way was a concept developed by managers as a pictorial diagram to assist managers when promoting the continuous improvement philosophy with staff, residents and stakeholders. The Pioneer Way focused on areas for improvement which could be linked back to self-assessment and all forms of feedback. Please see the diagram below;
The Pioneer Way is not designed to become a project in itself but it will provide a framework to assist Managers when evaluating their own continuous improvement. It will act as a link to the various strategic and operational projects, working groups and communication meetings that already function within APH. The Pioneer Way has now evolved into a philosophy which encompasses the culture of Ashton Pioneer Homes but also the regulatory expectations of our regulator
Self assessment by the Pioneer Way will be done through a number of assessment exercises and they will tend to be periodic assessments completed on an annual basis. Formal self assessment will take place annually at different times throughout the year using the following templates for assessment;
- European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM)
- Risk identification and management
- Performance monitoring using key performance indicators
- Benchmarking against other Registered Providers of social housing
- Homes and Communities Agency standards
- Tenant Scrutiny