Shared Living Project
An exciting project is being funded by Ashton Pioneer Homes and Tameside Council. The Shared Living Project will enable younger residents (35 or under) to share an apartment with support.
How Does It Work?
- APH will endeavour to match you with a flatmate that has similar interests to you
- We will provide you with training and support to help you manage your household and share the costs
- Your rent will be low cost and affordable
- Your flat will be furnished, decorated and carpeted
- You will have access to free wifi and computers at our Tenant Base
- We will provide support to help you find work if necessary
- There will be staff available 24/7 and 365 days a year
- You will have your own lockable bedroom
- There will be shared living room, kitchen and bathroom facilities
- You will be offered advice on budgeting, debt management and claiming welfare benefits
A Case Study for a single person aged 25-35 on Job Seekers Allowance or Universal Credit.
(£73.10 per week)
UC £316.77 + £67 (housing element)
Rent, Service Charge
& Council Tax £66.93 per week
(Covered by Housing Benefit or the Universal Credit Housing Element)
Estimated Weekly Costs of Utility Bills for a Shared Living Tenant
Gas Water Electric £20 per week
TV Licence £2 per week
Estimated remaining weekly income for food and other costs
If you are interested in our Shared Living Project, please contact us on 0161 343 8128 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org