LATEST Covid-19 Update From Our CEO
The Government announcement yesterday from The PM is their start of a possible gradual easing of the lockdown restrictions. However, at APH we believe it is still very important that colleagues and residents continue to avoid making unnecessary journeys and must still adhere to strict social distancing guidelines.
From Wednesday this week, the Government are saying that residents can……
- take unlimited exercise
- meet one person from outside your own household as long as you stay two metres apart
- go and sit in your local park, to sunbathe or to take part in sport with others from your household.
But importantly there will be “NO” change for the many people who are considered more vulnerable to the disease and who are therefore “shielding”.
The Government also stated that “If you work in the food industry, construction or manufacturing, or can’t do your job from home, you’ll be encouraged to go back to work, as long as you can keep your distance from others”
I advised all residents last week that APH has been making plans for a gradual and a phased return to normal working practices when we believe it is safe to do so. I can advise that Ashton Pioneer Homes will continue with our emergency service only but we will start to slowly re-introduce additional services from next week. Colleagues will still be working from home where this is possible and the office will remain closed but office appointments will be start to be introduced in the next couple of weeks.
It is worth reminding residents of the importance of social distancing. Our APH colleagues are already adhering to:-
- Ensuring work environment protocols regarding regular sanitising of work areas.
- Only entering homes with appropriate PPE adhering to strict social distancing protocols
- Avoiding contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or self-isolating
- Maintaining at least 2 metre distance between people in all work situations.
- Only one person in an APH vehicle at any one time
Thank you for your continued support of the NHS by keeping to the Government’s advice staying alert / home and keeping safe. Thank you also for your continued support to APH and your patience at these very challenging times. As soon as I have more information about changes to our services, I will keep you informed.
Chief Executive – APH