Ashton Pioneer Homes (APH) is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with almost 1,000 homes that it manages, situated in the St. Peter’s ward of Ashton-under-Lyne, close to the town centre and its facilities. We have demolished and replaced over 100 obsolete flatted dwellings with high quality modern homes for families and we have an on-going development programme aimed at addressing priority housing needs. This will focus on empty homes in Tameside.
We employ over 40 people, many of whom live locally and understand the area and the people that live here.
We have adopted and delivered our role iN Business for Neighbourhoods to reflect our role at the centre of our community
Here’s more about what we do:
- Develop and manage quality homes for affordable rent in Ashton-u-Lyne, Tameside
- Manage 7 multi-storey residential apartment blocks
- Manage 5 maisonette blocks providing a range of one and two bedroom homes
- Manage a diverse range of low rise accommodation from 1 bedroom flats to 3, 4 & 5 bedroom homes
- Deliver a comprehensive range of high quality and efficient management and maintenance services
- Provide a 24hr / 365 day estate management, CCTV, concierge and security services for our residents
- Deliver a planned programme to maintain and improve our tenants’ homes and social wellbeing
- Lead and facilitate neighbourhood, environmental and community enterprise initiatives.
- Work as a close partner with Tameside MBC, Groundwork Manchester, Salford, Stockport, Trafford & Tameside (GWMSSTT) and St. Peter’s Community Partnership on environmental and social programmes, including training and employment.
- Provide the benefit of our quality services to other private and community sector partners (through our Pioneer Homes Services Limited subsidiary).
APH now employs over 40 staff across its range of Housing and Customer Services Teams, Neighbourhood & Estate Services, Finance and Maintenance. Our Neighbourhood Services Assistants provide 24-hour per day, 7 days per week CCTV, security and estate services.
We value our staff; we have a well-developed competency framework linked to our Investors in People accreditation and invest heavily in staff training and personal development.
To reflect our commitment to our staff and to support our equality and wider social aspirations, we have more recently worked to achieve the following accreditations and awards.
Positive About Disabled accreditation
Ashton Pioneer Homes is wholly committed to equality of opportunity and has been recognised for its commitment to employ, retain and develop the skills and abilities of its disabled staff by being awarded the ‘two ticks’ disability symbol by Jobcentre Plus.
This demonstrates our commitment to not only welcoming people with a disability into the organisation but also making sure that the necessary procedures and adaptations are in place to support them. APH has made an open commitment to display a positive attitude towards job applications from disabled people. The commitment will be met by:
- interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job and to consider them on their abilities;
- discussing with disabled employees, at any time, but at least once a year what needs to be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities;
- making every effort when employees become disabled to ensure they stay in employment;
- taking action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work and;
- reviewing these commitments annually to assess what has been achieved, plans ways to improve, and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know of our progress and our future plans.
Physical & Mental Health Workplace Wellbeing Charter
What is the Workplace Wellbeing Charter and how does it work? The Workplace Wellbeing Charter is a statement of intent, showing Ashton Pioneer Homes commitment to the health of the people who work for them.
Employers can sign up to it using self-assessment, and find out what they are already doing right and where they need to improve. It is relevant to all businesses, no matter how big or small they are, as long as they employ staff and can demonstrate their commitment to the health and wellbeing of those staff. It is open to all public, private and third sector organisations.
It provides a clear set of wellbeing standards, taking a holistic approach that includes physical and mental health, health promotion and ways to evaluate the services and information you are offering. It also aims to share best practice about health and wellbeing within the workplace.
The Charter focuses on three key areas – leadership, culture and communication – where even small steps can make a big difference to the health of your staff, and therefore the health of your organisation.
The Workplace Wellbeing Charter comes in three levels, each containing different standards that need to be achieved. Some, or all, will be relevant to you depending on the size and direction of your organisation.
The three levels are Commitment; Achievement and Excellence. You can find out about each of those three levels, and what is required to attain them, in the wording of the Charter itself and via our self-assessment. You can progress from one to another by achieving all of the necessary standards.
Each of the three levels will consider, in different ways, issues such as leadership, sickness and absence management, awareness of alcohol and drug abuse, smoking, mental health and stress, healthy eating and physical activity.
Click here to find out more about The Wellbeing Charter.
Recruitment of several Modern Apprentices to work alongside our housing and estate services teams. More Modern Apprenticeships information.
Award Winning Organisation
We are very proud of the achievements made and the quality of the work and services we provide. To recognise the high standards we set and deliver for our customers and partners, several awards have been achieved.
Most notable of these has been winning the UK Customer Service Organisation of the Year and two National Housing awards achieved by the company. We have also achieved recognition linked to a number of areas of our activity…
Housing Excellence award
APH has been independently assessed and awarded the UK Customer Service Excellence Award. In order to be successful, the company had to demonstrate how it matched the following award criteria:
- show evidence of a strong customer service record
- explain how we ensure openness and ease of access to its services
- demonstrate our approach to monitoring and improving our customer service operations
- show well we measure customer satisfaction and how we use this used to improve performance
- state how customer service had improved over the previous 12 months
- demonstrate how diversity & sensitivity is handled
- and finally to show how the needs of vulnerable customers are identified & managed
Ashton Pioneer Homes proudly follows a programme of continuous improvement and so is reaching for even greater future achievements.
Investors IN People
APH originally achieved the Investors in People Award in 2000/2001 and has since been successfully retaining that award. It provides a basis for our support and development of our staff
Pioneer Homes Services Ltd (PHSL)
Pioneer Homes Services Limited (PHSL) is part of the Ashton Pioneer Homes group, a not-for-profit organisation with homes in Ashton-under-Lyne and was established in 2008.
PHSL work in partnership to provide professional property, housing and financial services to various clients throughout the North West. We provide flexible services to suit our partners’ needs including: Housing Management; Consultancy & Support; Finance & Administrative Support; Neighbourhood & Property Services; and Resident Involvement Support.
Working flexibly with our partners, we already provide the following services:
- In Housing Management:
- Arrears control & support
- Court preparation & support
- CORE services
- Performance management
- Administrative & reception services
- ASB Consultancy & RESPECT Action plans
- Lettings Service
- Resident Involvement Support
- In Finance & Administration Support:
- Leasehold / service charging & collection
- Rent setting & restructuring
- Setting & implementing budgets
- Setting up & implementing a Management Accounting System
- Rent accounting
- Payroll services
- Direct Debit collection
- In Property Services:
- CCTV monitoring
- Keyholding services
- Patrolling services
- SIA qualified staff
- Cleaning services
- Professional witnesses
- Gardening maintenance and landscaping services
- Empty / Void property services
For more information about PHSL
To find out more about what PHSL can do for your organisation or for an informal discussion, please call: 0161 343 8128 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org